Wednesday 12 September 2012

Etsy store: Céleste print





A new illustration entitled "Céleste" 
is now available as a print over on my Etsy store 
as a mixed media/print piece.

It is essentially a print wjich I have then 
drawn on top of with pencil, 
and also painted onto using silver paint.

The result is that no two pieces will ever be exactly alike.
I like to work this way as i like to have the basic lines form which to draw 
from, but also be able to add more definition and subtlety
 which I feel are things that can often be lost when a 
drawing is transferred to digital media.

My printer, although good, never gives me the full range of tones I want.
I want to be able to experiment and play around with a drawing 
and not be too precious with it. 
Scanning it and reproducing it gives me this freedom to play.

xXx
M

No comments:

Post a Comment